Sunday, October 26, 2008

About Me :)

So I thought that I'd do a fun little blog with random tidbits about me that people may not know, or that people may know, but I'll share the information anyways... get it out there on the internet so anyone who wants it can find it! :)

My "Tidbits"

- I tend to be a bit OCD... no I'm obviously not diagnosed nor do I take medicine for it, but I definitely have a case of it! My clothes in my closet for example... are organized in color order and must all be hanging facing the same direction. As far as my other clothes that are not hanging? Well, let's just say I'm the only one who can fold my laundry. Everyone in my family knows this and even a few close friends, because if they offer to help me fold my laundry, I simply say "no" and inform them that I'll just refold it anyways. I'm extremely particular about how each item is folded and I am the only one that knows how :) haha.


See there's my closet... clearly i have WAAAAY too much black and white and need some more color. I'll work on it. But alas this is only the clothing version of my OCD :) I'm also particular about how my bed is made although I am a little bit more lenient about this one. I don't like it when other people write on my calendars/planners because then there are different types of handwriting on it and stuff. Other things also, but we'll leave it as those details for today :)

- I am an absolute sucker for sweets. I just cannot say no to candy. Well that is unless I just ate a ton of it and have a tummy ache, but even then, sometimes I still have a hard time saying no! Pathetic, right? Not only do I love candy, I also love those other sweets - like any type of dessert for instance :) Just a list of a few of the things that I love:
-Sour Cherry Balls (found at kwik trip)
-Zebra Cakes
-Chocolate Covered Raisins
-Swedish Fish

-Peanut M&Ms

-Oatmeal Creme Pies
-My momma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Coconut Cake
-Hershey's Symphony Bars (the Toffee one)

-Hershey Hugs
and well... you get the idea! I was just talking with my roomie,
Katie, the other day about my self control problem, and how I hate those people who, when offered a piece of candy, say "No." I just can't do it. 9 times out of 10 I will say yes with no hesitation! I even sometimes take offense when I offer my candy or treat to others, and they say no, like they're better than me for not wanting sweets! haha, but I get over it and say, hey more for me right?

-I love Disney movies! And others of the like, for instance Pixar films, love those too! And when I say I love disney movies, I really really do. And it's not just limited to The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and Aladin. I also LOVE Disney CHANNEL movies! Yup. Those made for T.V. movies that most people my age find annoying, I live for them! Even High School Musical! and by "Even" I mean that's one of my all time favorites! I can't wait to see the third on in theaters! :) :)

-I'm a Concert Junkie! I absolutely 100% love going to concerts! I have always absolutely loved music, I am almost constantly listening to it! It's so much fun to go and see one of your favorite artists play their music live! There is just something about the passion of musicians that makes me happy! Concerts always put me in a good mood. Thus far my list includes: Rebecca St. James, Jars of Clay, Audio Adrenaline, David Crowder Band, John Mayer, Howie Day, Dashboard Confessional, Guster, Motion City Soundtrack, Anberlin, Metro Station, Quietdrive, Catchpenny, Hanson (twice I might add), Matt Wertz, Shawn McDonald, Phil Wickham, Jack Johnson, Josh Gracin, Aaron Shust, Mercy Me, Monk & Neagle, Brandon Heath, Sara Groves, Sandra McCracken, Charlie Peacock, and Derek Webb. Shortly I will add Jimmy Needham and Barlow Girl to the list! Other ones I HOPE to add to the list... Jason Mraz, Matt Nathanson, Five Times August, Bebo Norman, and Colbie Caillat!


Well that's all of the tidbits
I can think of to share for now! I hope you enjoyed this little sharing time. It was great fun eh? And I do sincerely apologize for the lack of pictures... =/ I know blogs tend to be boring with out them so here, I'll add a few randos to the end just for fun! :)

This is my & my Roomies this year! :D From left to right it's Me, Katie, Kelsey, Shadia!


This is me... in a 1994 yearbook! You can do one yourself at www.yearbookyourself.com! it's great fun! :)


This is me & my sibs this summer in McCall Idaho! I found that quote and just found it all too true! :) From left to right it's Cara, Me & Nate.


This is a picture of me in Iowa City at University of Iowa from May 2008 when I went to go see Heidi and pick up some of her stuff with her Mom! Heidi was being creative with angles and color accenting and it turned out to be a fun picture that i've gotten lots of compliments on :)

4 comments:

Cheri said...

great job DJ! You don't need photos when you are interesting!

I have to agree with all you blogged on. Definitely have the OCD thing with closet, clothes, bed, calendar. You got the bed & calendar issues from me. sorry. I WISH my closet looked organized like yours. Will you do mine for me? I'll pay you!

Brianna said...

I like your rainbow order clothes. I did that once for fun, but it didn't last

Anonymous said...

wait it's bad to rainbow order your clothes?? i do that too..although my closet looks nothing like yours..why can't i have cool OCD like being clean & organized?! my stupid numbers & right side are lame..

<3 me

Jackie said...

Danae, I just like reading anything you have to say (Pictures or not)