Saturday, October 18, 2008

Catch Up Time... Again!

Okay so I'm back! again... anyways!! i'll do my best to catch you up on my super exciting life! :P
so here goes... we left off with my birthday weekend, right? right. okay.

the FOLLOWING weekend... was wonderful! i drove up to the cities after class on friday with my roomie Kelsey who was along for the ride to go home for the weekend, since she lives in the cities. Now as for the reason i went...? Well i went because my dear friend, Aria, bought me tickets to the Hanson concert for that night!!! :D And about a week or 2 before the concert, Aria tore 2 ankle ligaments and ended up on crutches, but so graciously took me to the concert anyways! :)

^ Me & Aria at the concert! ^

After the concert we hung out for a bit at his and the boys' (Steven, Vince, & Mickey) apartment with Matt. Then around 3AM i headed back to winona cuz i had to leave to go on a field trip with my Science class at 7:30 AM :( so anyways. I made it back and spent all day in a cave and at some sinkholes. Then i came home and crashed from about 6-10:30... got up ate some food, talked to my mom and was back in bed by 11:30 and slept till 11 the next day! :)
So that was pretty much it for that weekend! The weekend after that there was more fun to be had!

Oct 2-5:
Thursday night i went to Olive Garden in La Crosse for dinner with my freshmen year roomies, Katie, Shadia, and Hillary! It was quite delicious and a lot of fun getting to hang out again! We talked and laughed and were quite loud and got some rude stairs from nearby tables, which made us laugh all the more! :)

^Hillary.Katie.Shadia.Me^
I headed home to Roch on friday after class w/nate. Friday i got to hang out with Megan which was so much fun! we went to the Mall and Target and closed both of em down :) then we stayed up late talking and catching up which was awesome! Then saturday i headed up to the cities again! Saturday night we hung out and i got to see a bunch of old friends from high school so that was really fun! Then sunday night we (cam, aria, cortney(cam's sister), kristin, and i) got to go to Northwestern to see Phil Wickham and Shawn McDonald! 2 Extremely talented artists and if given the opportunity to see them, you should! And until then, click on their names and check out their music on their myspace pages! :D

^Brit & Me!^^Steven & Me!^^Tony & Me!^^Me & Cam!^^Aria & Me!^^Caston & Me!^

^^All those black and whites are from saturday night in the cities! :)

The following weekend the fun continued! I had friday off of school so i headed back to roch thursday after class w/nate! Thursday night i got my hair done! (i'm back to brown! :) not quite my natural color yet.. it's a little lighter, but after next time it will be!) then hung out at home for a little bit and then hung out with aria for a little bit. Friday morning i got up and went to breakfast with Christian, a friend from high school! We went to Pannekoeken and had a good time catching up and talking about life! Then i went to caribou w/Kurt to grab some coffee! Was wonderful seeing him as well and catching up! Then it was off to panera for lunch with my Momma! :D after that i was finally on my way...
On my way to Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa to see my best friend kate! :D
Friday night the Art Music Justice Tour was at her school which was absolutely amazing!! The artists on the tour were Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, Charlie Peacock, Sara Groves, and Brandon Heath. All amazing artists who you can check out just by clicking on their names! :D

So that was a lot of fun! then Saturday night we got dressed up and went to a bar dance! it was a Business theme hence our attire in the below photo! :)

^Me & Kate!^

Sunday I came home and got to see Brittany & Aria before they headed back up to the cities! Then i slept in my own bed and headed back to Winona w/Nate Monday morning. And here we are at another weekend! Only this one is a relaxing one! and it's so very nice! It's been waaaay too long since i've just sat around and had no obligations for a weekend! And i'm loving every second of it! I finally finished "Twilight" (which if you haven't read, you need to. No matter who you are, boy, girl, young, old, doesn't matter. Just read it!) and am on to book 2, "New Moon" and am already 120 pages in! And there's where i'm headed now! back to my book! It's SO addicting! :D gotta love a good read!

Hope you enjoyed another spastic update by me! :D

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Thanks for your update DJ! You live a busy life -- i'm glad you had a weekend of down time to do what you wanted! Reading is always good.

Anonymous said...

you have such an exciting life!!! but i think you forgot one important thing you've done... your slumber party with me geesh la weesh! It's okay I understand we have bigger better things planned now! But seriously you do such a wonderful job with this blog I love it and especially your music selection!

Anonymous said...

you left out the part where you two ladies called & sang happy birthday to me! :)

(it was my favorite part of your last few weekends...it's important) ;)

<3 heidi lian