Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Flashback Pt. 1: June 2009


Pardon my 2 week hiatus... but remember, i never promised a post everyday or every week... so there.

But alas, here I am again, and as promised, i'm going to walk you through what you've missed since i know you're all just DYING to know! :P

So we're going to start with June 2009... since that's where i left off!!

My last "update" before my 6 month leave of absence i left you with a picture of a boy and i... his name was Mike and the picture was from our first date... This post was also posted on June 16, 2009... so you might think... "we already know about june"
... but you don't... b/c little do you know, and little did i know at the time... 3 days later, i'd have myself a boyfriend! :)

On June 19th of the year two thousand and nine, Mike and I discussed our relationship and decided we wanted to date exclusively, based on this decision, Mike wanted to talk to my parents, and make sure that he had their blessing to date their daughter (me). So we talked to my parents and they gave us their blessing, a bit of advice about dating, and then prayed for us, it made me very happy :)

This was a very strange beginning to a relationship though... my sister did not know this boy, and it sorta freaked me out! In the past my sister knew every single boy that i ever had a crush on, and here i was with my first boyfriend and she'd never met him! So we decided to fix that... through skype! :)


Mike meeting Cara on Skype :)


Mike & Cara again, chatting away while I got ready :)


Now i know this is an extremely unconventional way for one's sister to meet one's boyfriend... but Cara wasn't going to be home until late July and i couldn't date a boy for 2 whole months without my sister meeting him, so i had to do what i had to do! :) (btw... I met my sister's boyfriend, Tim, this very same way :) )

As for anything else in June... nothing quite as significant as this that I can remember! So there you have it... a short little peak into my first month of last summer!!!

Stay tuned for Flashback Pt. 2: July 2009
Coming soon to this very blog! ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

:) It seemed like June absolutely flew by!! I certainly enjoyed it though!

I still can't believe how lucky I am :)

Love,
Michael

Cheri said...

Michael...you are lucky....and so is our Baby Girl. Take good care of each other ... and remember our advice :)

Brianna said...

I teased Cara cuz I met him first, muahaha. I saw Danae and Mike holding hands at Thursdays on 1st and I knew sumthing was up :)

Katie said...

Love this and you. Your hair is sooo long and light compared to what it looks like now! You are a whole new woman, and in a good way. I love you to death and I am so glad that you and Mike found each other :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.